First Ever Global Itinerant Master Classes
The Green Economics Institute is pleased to announce its series of Master Classes around the world linking its unique network of people from all walks of life, all united in aiming to raise the ambition to reform economics, stop runaway climate change and reverse it and stop the 6th ever mass extinction of species. This network walks the talk in terms of inclusion, diversity, access for everyone, It bases its work on the extensive Green Economics body of literature, and innovative theories and policy making and writings to come out of the Institute over the last 15 years.
Each Master Class will be similar but unique and specifically adapted to each of the countries in its unique and extensive network. If you would like to host one please join the GEI www.geimembership.org and email us at our brand new GEI Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibility.
The aim of the Master Classes are:
- To create a globally relevant body of literature and research and policy making which helps save the world’s people, climate, economy and systems from the current crises in a benevolent way that helps everyone on the planet.
- To encourage people to engage with the body of literature we have created over many years
- To provide excellent and innovative new thinking and methodology to each situation and to show the humanity in all issues and crises and to get people to understand each other better.
- To ensure that one of the key elements of survivability for humans on earth is empowerment and education of women is understood as the dynamic change that actually counts, as it will help to reduce the population without coercion.
- To empower participants from any walk of life to share their own unique voice and perspective with other people across the globe without editing or homogenizing
- To automatically empower all participants with the tools, access to resources, information, literature, values, learning to be able to make the waves of their own in their own context according to their own requirements
- To add to the body of literature- both academic research, books, book chapters, academic proceedings that we have at GEI so that the views and ideas captured during the Master Class can be shared around our network.
- To encourage participants to enjoy creating written contributions to our books, members magazine, academic journals and other writings
- To scroll down in detail the theories and unique ideas of the Green Economics Institute and to share this with participants
- To discuss the creation of specific research to investigate the Green Economics Institutes ideas
- To create a research body of knowledge robust enough to convince everyone
- To provide enough evidence for a fast ratcheting down of carbon usage per person
- To provide enough information and evidence that the current economics status quo is damaging us, the planet and nature and is not survivable even as long as the dinosaurs and to think in long term philosophical perspectives in order to radically change peoples ideas.
- To empower participants to be able to advocate for beneficial change
- To provide methodology information and a platform for discussions about methodology epistemology and ontology
- To unravel 4000 years of philosophy and try to find another way with participants using our information and existing books.
- To try to assign by means of research, the right balance of solutions between technofixes, life style changes, market mechanisms, taxes, changes in property rights and the commons, regulation and other options
- Each Master Class will also have 5 objectives of its own which are specific to its own aims
Each Master Class will have the following attributes:
All participants must pay the full GEI Membership fee: All participants must sign an attendance list
All participants must take part in a group photo with our GEIAcademy banner
All participants must write a short paper of their ideas and views on the subject agreed prior to being accepted
All participants book via the www.geiacademy.org website.
The GEI provides its work class speakers to explain about the issues above and to facilitate discussion amongst the participants.
The timetable for the event is agreed with the local champion for the event and then the timetable is posted on the GEIAcademy website and issued to everyone.
Our Global Network and the Itinerary of the Itinerant Global Master Classes
The Itinerant Global Master Classes will be achieved partly with our core World Class writers, philosophers and thinkers, partly with local experts and thinkers and innovators and partly from other parts of our global network. This will be a unique human experiment in Change Making and maximizing on the use of our network which we have built over the last 15 years. Some initial countries we think will be in the first round of Master Classes may include Italy, Ireland, Bhuttan, Poland, Germany, the United States, South Africa, China, The Galapagos, Equador, Brazil, The USA, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, India, Belgium, The United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, France, Spain, Nigeria, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Nepal, The Netherlands and Ethiopia and many others. Please email today to request to attend or host a Master Class.
Publishing Opportunities with www.geibooks.org.uk and The Green Economics Institute Publishing House and the GEIAcademy email@example.com
- Everyone who attends for the whole day, pays the required fees and participates fully and provides a Policy or Practical Suggestions Paper of 1000 words may have it published in our Master Class proceedings paper report and The Green Economist Members’ Magazine.
- Everyone who attends for the whole day, pays the required fees and participates fully and provides a paper of 2000 words will receive a Certificate of Attendance shortly after the event.
- Everyone who provides a Research Paper on a relevant topic on the development of a Green Economics subject agreed by the GEI Academy Vice Chancellor and Dean of the Faculty may be offered publishing in our next book and our forthcoming GEI Academy Launch Research Book. Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org to establish whether their own research would be suitable. We particularly favour and make space for non standard writers and applicants.
- Everyone who provides a fully referenced Research Book Length Submission on a relevant topic on the development of a Green Economics subject agreed by the GEI Academy Vice Chancellor and Dean of the Faculty may be offered publishing opportunity with our GEIBook.org.uk latest book series of Peer Reviewed Academic Books or our series of Academic Books to be launched to coincide with the GEIAcademy launch in the summer of 2018 and an extract or chapter may be publishable in our forthcoming GEI Academy Launch Research Book. Applicants should email email@example.com to establish whether their own research would be suitable. We particularly favour and make space for non standard writers and applicants.
- Everyone who attends is welcome to submit papers for possible publication in our double blind peer reviewed Academic Journal– The International Journal of Green Economics. Papers must be 3000 – 7000 words and fully referenced. Standards are very high and there is a queue to get into the journal.
|Global Itinerant Master Classes||Typical Plan for the Day|
| The Morning Programme
|1||Ice breaker, meet the other participants, networking|
|2||Introduction to the project and Master Classes|
|3||Workshop with all participants discussing aspirations for the day and creating a new body of knowledge for Green Economics Institute Research.|
|4||Lecture on economics history|
|5||Lecture on the green economics history|
|6||Lecture on the green economics literature|
|Local perspectives: introduction to the afternoon|| Local partner speech
|The Afternoon Programme provides the opportunity to scroll down into the detail of one topic of a selection from the following from our global experts:|
|· 2tonnes of carbon per person lifestyle science and economy
Climate change action and ambition – understanding the methodologies, resources, players, perspectives and solutions. The GEI Climate has a very active delegation to the climate conferences which has twice influenced the ambition outcome of the United Nations
|Information from our geiclimate delegations and science and environmental management for participants to understand the possible solutions- lifestyle changes, regulations, incentives, market, technofixes and the two tonnes of carbon lifestyle policy option|
|· The 21st Century Economics Highway
Reform action and ambition
Introducing the methodologies, resources, players, perspectives and solutions that the Green Economics Institute has brought to change the way the world understands the role, limitations and possibilities of economics and creating a new philosophy for our changed situation in the 21st century .
|How the Green Economics Institute has created the environment for questioning mainstream assumptions of economics|
|· Biodiversity loss action and ambition – understanding the methodologies, resources, players, perspectives and solutions
The GEI was one of the very first to declare a mass extinction event and now the evidence is overwhelming. We share the ideas and findings which mean we may be able to harness the power of history and stop this happening but only if we change our habits towards habitats and alter our economic assumptions wholesale.
|The GEI was one of the very first to declare a mass extinction event and now the evidence is overwhelming. We share the ideas and findings|
|· Social Justice and Poverty action and ambition
Understanding the methodologies, resources, players, perspectives and solutions.
Homelessness, migration, gender, womens empowerment and education and equal pay, energy access, water and global commons
|How the Green Economics Institute has shown how a change in philosophy has brought about a new understanding of how to see the world|
|Local outcomes and plans and next steps
|| Local Partner leads participants in a discussion of the local implications
|Final Session: Global Application of Possible policy making and next steps||Global Partner leads participants in a discussion of the global implications|
|Communal local dinner together for all participants|
To apply to attend a Master Class:
Please email us at www.GEIAcademy.org and explain to us why you would like to attend this master class and also attach a cv. Please also sign our consent form to confirm we can receive this information.
Each participant will be booking via our website and registering via our Registration Portal, at www.GEIConferences.org All applicants must pay a) the GEIMembership fees and also b) a Master Class Registration Fee which will vary according to the Master Class you are attending the local and central costs of hosting the event. The Registration Fees must be paid on the www.GEIConferences.org website at least two weeks prior to the event but earlier to be sure to reserve a place.
To apply to host a Master Class:
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain to us why you might be able to host this master class and how you will provide the support and management to run it. We also require references and a cv.
Each participant will be booking via our website and registering via our Registration Portal, at GEIConferences.org.
The role of the host is to a) to provide a detailed budget to the GEIAcademy and get it agreed in writing b) advertise the event, c) facilitate the membership and registration of each event, booking the venue by agreement with the geiacademy, d) ensure all participants have signed the participation form on the day e) all costs to be borne by the local organiser, by agreement with Geiacademy, f) To provide a 15 minute speech on local perspectives during the afternoon g) to receive payment as agreed –all the sign up sheets, writing and written reports of outcomes, powerpoints and all photos must be sent to geiacademy within 1 week of the event. We will return an agreed percentage of takings after costs.
All enquiries to info@GEIAcademy.org
The Green Economics Institute (in Association with GEI Conferences and GEI Academy). A Not for Profit Company Limited by Guarantee Registration No. 5258112 at Companies House, UK. www.greeneconomicsinstitute.org.uk