GEI Academy Research Seminar
Next Steps for Post Graduate Research in Green Economics
Friday, 15th June 2018
9am to 6pm
University of Oxford
This timely seminar will examine the next steps for delivering postgraduate research in the GEI Academy. Key areas for discussion include:
- Green Economic Theory and Policy
- International Relations and Social Justice
- Environmental Science and Management
- The challenges of true multi and interdisciplinarity and cross boundary research
- Inovations in Research Methodologies
TO APPLY TO ATTEND A MASTER CLASS
- Please email us atGEIAcademy.organd explain to us why you would like to attend this master class and send a cv.
- Please also sign our consent form to confirm we can receive this information.
- Each participant will be booking via our website and registering via our Registration Portal, at GEIConferences.org. The Registration Fees must be paid on acceptance of a place and at least two weeks prior to the event but earlier to be sure to reserve a place. Details of all Participant Registration Fees will be posted shortly.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AND OUTPUTS
- Everyone who participates fully and provides;
- A) a short paper of 2000 words on the topics of the research seminar
- B) a Research Paper on a relevant topic on the development of a Green Economics subject agreed by the GEI Academy Scientific Committee. The author may be offered publishing in our next book and our forthcoming GEI Academy Launch Research Book. Applicants should email email@example.com to establish whether their own research would be suitable. We particularly favour and make space for non standard writers and applicants.
- C) a fully referenced Research Book Length Submission on a relevant topic on the development of a Green Economics subject agreed by the GEI Academy Scientific Committee. The Authors may be offered a publishing opportunity with our GEIBook.org.uk latest book series of Peer Reviewed Academic Booksor our series of Academic Books to be launched to coincide with the GEI Academy launch in the summer of 2018 and an extract or chapter may be publishable in our forthcoming GEI Academy Launch Research Book. Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org to establish whether their own research would be suitable. We particularly favour and make space for non standard writers and applicants.
- D) a paper for possible publication in our double blind peer reviewed Academic Journal– The International Journal of Green Economics. Papers must be 3000 – 7000 words and fully referenced. Standards to publish are very high and there is a queue to get into the journal.
Will receive a Certificate of Attendance for the Research Development Seminar. They will also be able to go on to possible further accreditation programmes with the GEI.
PROGRAMME, Friday June 15th, 2018
|9am to 1 pm – The Morning Programme|
|Workshop with all participants discussing aspirations for the day and creating a new body of knowledge for Green Economics Institute Research.|
|Lecture on economics history|
|Lecture on green economics history|
|Lecture on green economics literature|
1pm to 2pm – Lunch
|2 pm to 6 pm The Afternoon Programme
The activities provide the opportunity to scroll down into some of the following topics from our global experts:
|· 2tonnes of carbon per person lifestyle science and economy
Climate change action and ambition – understanding the methodologies, resources, players, perspectives and solutions. The GEI Climate has a very active delegation to the climate conferences which has twice influenced the ambition outcome of the United Nations
|· The 21st Century Economics Highway
Reform action and ambition
Introducing the methodologies, resources, players, perspectives and solutions that the Green Economics Institute has brought to change the way the world understands the role, limitations and possibilities of economics and creating a new philosophy for our changed situation in the 21stcentury .
|· Biodiversity loss action and ambition – understanding the methodologies, resources, players, perspectives and solutions
The GEI was one of the very first to declare a mass extinction event and now the evidence is overwhelming. We share the ideas and findings which mean we may be able to harness the power of history and stop this happening but only if we change our habits towards habitats and alter our economic assumptions wholesale.
|· Social Justice and Poverty action and ambition
Understanding the methodologies, resources, players, perspectives and solutions.
Homelessness, migration, gender, womens empowerment and education and equal pay, energy access, water and global Commons
|Final Session: Global Application of possible policy making, methodologies, research and next steps|
Communal local dinner together for all participants
This seminar will present an opportunity to engage with key policymakers and other interested parties. Overall we expect members of Government departments and agencies, university and college leaders; academics and other higher education professionals; representatives from student unions; businesses and their advisors and the voluntary sector.
Please email email@example.com to discuss attendance or for further details.
The GEIAcademy in Partnership with the Green Economics Institute and the International Journal of Green Economics. The Green Economics Institute is a Not for Profit Company Limited by Guarantee and Registered in the UK.